“Prevention is more useful than cure.” This adage could not be a better objective when you’re Selling on Amazon. If you let your guard down, you power fall victim to deceptive selling practices. Avoiding attacks like development listing hijacking or counterfeiting could result in an incredible account suspension that could level down your business. No seller wants to receive such a judgment, especially if it is the ruthless cybercriminal’s fault. Luckily, there is a way to prevent this via Amazon brand protection.
Reasons for Account Suspension on Amazon
You must be aware of the reasons why Amazon bans sellers. It is not just to stop yourself from doing it while also to prevent a negative third-party seller from accomplishing it to you at your cost. Here are the top 10 reasons for seller account suspension.
- Selling fake or counterfeit products
- Selling prohibited products
- Buying fake reviews and ratings
- Providing inaccurate information
- Grievous misconduct toward another seller
- Creating multiple seller accounts
- Poor logistics or late shipment
- Unsatisfactory seller implementation
- Poor customer service
- Selling old items as new
These excuses boil down to the breach of Amazon’s Seller Code of Conduct. If you have not read it yet, okay start now.
However, in rare circumstances, you can still get suspended and kicked out of Amazon Marketplace even if you have never attempted any of the offenses overhead. How? It happens via the deceptive tactics of hijackers and counterfeiters.
Victim of Listing Hijacking and Counterfeiting Get you Suspended
“It’s not me; it’s them!” Don’t worry: we believe you. Nothing is more heartbreaking than receiving an Account Suspension letter from Amazon. All your hard work goes to waste because of someone else’s wrongdoing. Let’s discover out what Amazon listing hijacking is and how it is associated with counterfeiting.
For example, you’re a private label seller with your inventory and packaging. However, the product itself comes from a manufacturer or a supplier. Then you put your label on the product and create an Amazon listing for it, hence the term private label. The point that any third-party seller can even get their hands on your generic product causes it weak to hijackers.
A hijacker will steal your listing and use it to sell the same product like yours (or a counterfeit version of it) at a lower price. Eventually, you might lose your Buy Box because the hijacker’s price is lower than yours. Losing the Buy Box also represents failing sales.
Now, recall the top 10 reasons for account suspension we detailed above. The offenses you might commit, thanks to the listing hijacker, are the following:
- Selling counterfeit products under your pinched listing
- Selling seemingly “new” products, if ever the hijacker resorts to this option
- Negative client reviews under your listing due to the fake products sold by the hijacker
- Incorrect information spread by the hijacker who uses your listing without your permission
Amazon Brand Protection Tools
You can avoid these unfortunate scenarios by protecting your brand from the get-go. Account Suspension continuously develops brand protection solutions such as Brand Registry, Project Zero, and Transparency because they’re conscious of how cutthroat the match is on their platform.
Let’s examine each Amazon brand protection service and how you can obtain started.
Amazon Brand Registry
According to a statement, the goal of this Amazon brand protection solution is to address the considerable lawsuits they obtain from brands whining about the majority of counterfeit interests on the site.
Who can enroll?
Amazon Brand Registry is available to private label sellers; sellers who complete their products or create branded, white-label products; standard distributors; and manufacturers who own their brand’s content with Amazon’s backing.
- You can have an only request the Buy Box.
- You have more control over the details of your product listing, such as the title, explanation, and images.
- Your brand and its associated product listings are accurately represented on Amazon.
- Monitor and report third-party sellers who misapply your brand’s information and materials.
- Protect your brand from different sellers’ shipping logistics.
- You can market your creations using supported ads.
- You have entry to A+ Content.
- Trademarked brand name
- Intellectual Property Office-issued trademark enrollment number
- Product category list
- List of countries that manufacture and distribute your product
- Images of your brand logo
- Images of your products and packaging with a trademarked brand reputation on them
Typically, you need to wait for a year to get your trademark registered. Amazon has anticipated this problem; thus, they created a program called the IP Accelerator.
In this program, Amazon connects sellers to trusted IP lawyers to quickly obtain IP rights or registered trademarks. Moreover, it offers proactive brand safety and brand-building tools while you wait for the trademark. It means that you can join the Brand Registry actually if you don’t have an active trademark, however.
Amazon Project Zero
This brand protection solution helps drive counterfeit products to zero, therefore its name. It empowers brands operating advanced technology such as automatic protection, self-service counterfeit removal tools, and product serialization to kick counterfeiters out of Amazon Marketplace.
Who can enroll?
Amazon sellers enrolled in Brand Registry with an enthusiastic registered trademark can join.
As said overhead, you can enjoy the tracking cutting-edge tools designed against forgers :
- Automatic security powered by machine learning can scan over 5 billion listing updates daily to look for fake products.
- Self-service counterfeit removal tools allow you to draw inauthentic listings without the need to contact Amazon.
- Product serialization gives you a unique code on every manufactured item to validate each unit’s authenticity.
Here’s what you ought to join Project Zero:
- An active registered trademark
- Brand Registry membership
- In the last six months, you must have conveyed potential violations with an acceptance rate of at least 90%.
It applies a code that helps prevent counterfeit products from getting sent out of an Amazon Fulfillment Center (FC). Before it lands on your customer’s doorstep, Amazon will review this code to review if it is true, thus releasing the counterfeit product and saving you from negative customer reviews.
Who can enroll?
Anyone can enter as long as they can apply special transparency codes to their products.
- It proactively contains counterfeit products from reaching your customers.
- It permits customers to scan the code themselves utilizing the Transparency app.
- Via the app, customers can report counterfeiting by clicking on the “Contact Us” control.
- You can provide proof that you’re the owner of your products.
- Your products have a Global Trade Item Number.
- You can stamp Transparency codes on every unit you manufacture.
- If you want your units to be pre-scanned in FCs, you should be a component of Fulfillment by Amazon.
Imagine the level of protection you can gain by enrolling in these three Amazon protection services. Though at what cost?
Brand Registry and Project Zero are free to enter and use. As for the IP Accelerator program, joining is free but when operating with Amazon’s vetted IP attorneys. IP Accelerator is available in three pre-negotiated boxes. Meanwhile, Amazon makes no mention of any fee for Transparency.